Yes, its necessary to watch Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist before watching Marvel’s upcoming Netflix mini series Defenders.
There will be so many references in Defenders, which you won’t get, if you haven’t watched mentioned shows.
Its necessary to watch Jessica Jones, before Luke Cage.
Should I watch Luke Cage Before Jessica Jones?
You can watch The Punisher a la carte, but it’s a bit better if you watch the first two seasons of Daredevil first. Jessica Jones is also ok a la carte, but I advise going back to Daredevil when you have time. You definitely need to see Jessica Jones before Luke Cage.
In what order should I watch defenders?
- Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2013–present)
- Marvel’s Agent Carter (2015–2016)
- Marvel’s Inhumans (2017)
- Marvel’s Daredevil (2015–2018)
- Marvel’s Jessica Jones (2015–2019)
- Marvel’s Luke Cage (2016–2018)
- Marvel’s Iron Fist (2017–2018)
- Marvel’s The Defenders (2017)
Should I watch defenders before daredevil Season 3?
YES. Really, The Defenders will be required viewing for Luke Cage season 2 and Daredevil season 3. For Daredevil, it’s required because of Matt being presumed “killed” under Midland Circle.
What order should you watch the marvel Netflix series?
Netflix Marvel timeline: Full list of the order you should watch
- Daredevil season one (April 2015)
- Jessica Jones season one (November 2015)
- Daredevil season two (March 2016)
- Luke Cage season one (September 2016)
- Iron Fist season one (March 2017)
- The Defenders (July 2017)
- The Punisher (November 2017)
- Jessica Jones season two (March 2018)