What sporting event is most watched in the world?
What Is the Most Watched Sporting Event in the World?
- Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony. Number of viewers: 1,000,000,000+
- Cricket World Cup 2015. Number of viewers: 1,000,000,000.
- FIFA World Cup Final 2006. Number of viewers: 715,000,000.
- FA Cup Final 2005. Number of viewers: 484,000,000.
- UEFA Champions League Final 2013. Number of viewers: 360,000,000.
Is the Superbowl the most watched event in the world?
While the Super Bowl is the undisputed king of American television, it is not among the most watched sporting events globally. The World Cup final easily outdraws the Super Bowl globally, as more than 1 billion people tuned in to watch Germany beat Argentina in the 2014 final in Brazil.
What is the most watched show of all time?
The season-eight premiere of “Game of Thrones” was the show’s most-watched episode across all of HBO’s platforms. We looked at how HBO’s “Game of Thrones” numbers compare with Nielsen ratings for 2018’s biggest shows, including “Roseanne” and “This Is Us.”