The best way to watch the Star Wars films is in release order: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith, The Force Awakens, and The Last Jedi.
What order should I watch Star Wars for the first time?
From George Lucas’s preferred way to the ‘machete order’
- Numerical order: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX.
- Release order: IV, V, VI, I, II, III, VII, VIII, IX.
- The Rinster order: IV, V, I, II, III, VI, VII, VIII, IX.
- The Machete order: IV, V, II, III, VI, VII, XIII, IX.
- Spin-offs: Rogue One, Solo.
What order should I watch Star Wars if I never seen it?
How to Watch Star Wars If You’ve Never Seen It Before
- If you want to watch them in chronological order:
- Viewing order: Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, Episode IV: A New Hope, Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.
- If you want to watch them as they were originally released:
What is the Order of the Star Wars movies by release date?
Box office performance
|Film||U.S. release date||All-time ranking|
|U.S. and Canada|
|Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace||May 19, 1999||15|
|Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones||May 16, 2002||73|
|Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith||May 19, 2005||39|
5 more rows